Struers is a world leader in equipment, consumables and services for materialographic surface preparation and analysis of solid materials. The company has a truly international scope, with representation offices and subsidiaries in most parts of the globe. There are currently more than 200 employees working at the headquarters in the greater Copenhagen area.
Business Process Manager, Finance
Struers is looking for an experienced finance/accounting professional to join their Group Finance team in Copenhagen. Reporting to the CFO, your role will be to ensure that global finance and business applications are continuously optimized and aligned with the overall Finance objectives.
In order to be successful in this position, you will be able to provide monthly financial reports in an accurate, reliable and timely manner; to pass all internal and external audits no or little observations; to minimize overdue balances and credit losses in customer accounts; to increase productivity and processing rates of recurring finance processes; as well as to make high-quality financial information available for decision-making.
The new Business Process Manager will be an Application Owner and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for core Finance business applications: ERP (Infor LN), BI (Microsoft), Travel & Expense/Invoice Management (Concur), and Payments (PayEx). The main tasks and responsibilities of this role include:
To develop and improve:
- Analyse, Design and implement new finance business applications, standards and best practice solutions within the existing and new business application landscape (ERP) and lead projects with key business stakeholders.
- Responsible for Finance processes in Struers improvement projects, ensuring that solutions comply with prevailing Accounting and Control standards as well as meeting business needs.
- Manage interfaces between adjacent business applications/external systems and ERP (for Finance processes).
- Provide training for users, including documentation and training material.
- Ensure that relevant Finance processes are documented and up-to-date in Struers Business System and Struers Finance Manual.
Maintenance and Support:
- Continuous maintenance of Finance business applications (i.e. mapping scheme, IC setup, night jobs, chart of account, dimensions, etc.).
- Cooperate with IT, SME (Subject Matter Expert) group and Key Users to deliver high quality user support, hereunder providing second level support on day-to-day basis (part of IT Service Process).
- Actively participate in IT governance forums and procedures (i.e. SME group).
- Work closely with internal and external IT partners on maintenance and improvements.
Process Management/Lean Agent
- Facilitate annual Finance Process Efficiency benchmark study, including capturing
and prioritizing improvement opportunities.
- Leverage automation and apply Lean skills and principles to continuously optimize
business processes, including facilitation of minimum 5 Kaizen events annually.
- Perform Best Practice Reviews at selected Business Units to drive process efficiency
and ensure sustainment of best practices within the global Finance organization.
- Actively participate in the global Finance Matrix team developing solutions.
- Support month-end procedures, including responsibility for management of interim G/L accounts.
- Monitor and handle system exceptions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A university degree in Business, Economics or Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in Accounting and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Lean initiatives (training will be provided on the job).
- Ability to achieve results through peer group (i.e. matrix).
- Solid knowledge of financial reporting and internal control standards.
- Advanced MS-Excel skills.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (ideally Infor/LN) and business applications.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
You’ll be working in direct collaboration with a variety of stakeholders within the company and its subsidiaries to promote better and more efficient Finance practices, which demands strong interpersonal skills, personal integrity and achievement orientation. interpersonal skills, personal integrity, achievement orientation and an international mindset. You are a structured, fast-working personality and is motivated continuous improvement and passionate about applying technology to create business value.
If this position interests you, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to contact Mr. Thomas Okkels on 53 73 17 60 if you’d like to have any additional information. We’ll be interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, so if you believe you have the right background and qualifications please do not hesitate to apply.